Substance 3D Designer

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. custom UI scale

Allow users to set a custom UI scale, like in World Creator. At the moment the interface is either too large or too small using the default windows scaling

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Not a fan of Recent Update

This recent update, while I understand it to be a more solid and official move to merge with the Adobe Creative Suite Platform, has not been loading or working as fluidly as previous builds of the Substance Suite.

My software, for both Designer and PAinter have been Non-Responsive and have left me behind on work for the past few days after the upgrade. Even attempting to go back to a previous build has been problematic. I would like to resolve this quickly so I can get back to work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Substance Designer: show list of sbsar enabled for publication

In Substance Designer, when having multiple graphs into a same package, it is difficult to know which ones are enabled tor publication in SBSAR. We need to open then one by one and check. Please add a window where we can quickly see which graphs are currently enabled for publication and from where we can enable/disable their publication status.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Switch Value (SD)

There are Value nodes in SD but no Switch Value to branch them as we do with textures. A workaround it to transfer a Value into a Uniform Color and store the value in RGBA then use a Switch Color, but that is not a great way to handle this. Please add a Switch Value node.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow exporting other image formats for GLTF/GLB, such as Jpeg

Allow exporting other image formats for GLTF/GLB, such as Jpeg. This would allow GLB file sizes to be much smaller/more optimized for web use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pattern amount and size driven by a grayscale node

It would be super handy if there was a native node that can drive both the amount and size of a pattern.

There is a guy who works at Pixar who developed a node that is exactly what I'm looking for (images attached), but I wish there was a native Substance Designer version of the same principle but with even more control.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enter decimal numbers with comma

As a Swedish user, with a Swedish keyboard, I'd love to be able to use my numpad to enter decimal numbers. However, Substance Designer doesn't see comma (,) as a valid notation for writing '.7' for example. Would be awesome if Substance could just change the commas to dots as many other Adobe software does. It's quite annoying to not be able to use my numpad.

Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Token for exposing udim “description” in export template

Please expose a token for the description field for udim texture sets when exporting. Similar to the $udim tag or $meshname etc... this would be a huge time saver and make for more flexible exports. Some workflows would greatly benefit from this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PBR Render node: add more models (at least a cube)

The PBR Render node is getting more features and it's incredibly useful to get good renders easily, but it still has a lot of shortcomings.

Aside from sphere and plane, there are no options for other models.

A cube (rounded or not) would cover a lot of scenarios.

(it would also be nice to get a cleaner image - right now there are a lot of artifacts caused by reflections I suppose)

(it would also be nice to have a mask of the DOF to be used for image editing - ie adding clarity)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Browse panels and menus by dragging

It would be great to have the option to browse all the panels such as properties menu and library by dragging. In the same manner as in Substance painter and other programs. In the most programs this is done with middle mouse button, but i think it would be logical to have it bind on ctrl+alt+left mouse button since the feature already works like this in the substance painter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reload LowPoly Mesh In bake window

I would like to suggest the ability to add a button in the baking menu/window in Substance Designer that allows the user to reload their low poly mesh while keeping the high poly asset in memory. Quite often when you bake from a high poly mesh and there are errors, you have to close the bake window, reload the low poly with new changes and rebake. The issue is that Designer clears the highpoly from memory which means it has to sync it up again. This because extremely time consuming when you have a very detailed high poly mesh. My…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2D view guides

I think toggleable guides / a simple grid (a la Photoshop) would be helpful in the 2D viewport. Currently we only really have the ability to eyeball if a shape is centralised, or takes up a certain amount of the texture space. This would be help in creating more precision materials and for creating trim sheets too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Swap inputs when connecting an input to an input

One thing that I am used to from other graph editors, which currently does nothing right now is when you select an input and then connect it to a different input, it swaps the connection - e.g. if I have a Blend node, and I've connected the wrong thing to the foreground and background inputs, it should be as simple as clicking those two inputs to move them around. Right now it's an error-prone and multi-step process to trace where the both the inputs are coming from, reconnect one (which deletes the other path), hope you remember where the other…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. delete link with ctrl+stroke accross

Usually there is Wacom pen in my right hand and my left palm is over left corner of keyboard around ctrl/shift etc keys.

I am kind of lazy to reach delete or backspace buttons:) so if we could do it Blender way It would be super cool

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. node groups

Please, make simple node groups like in Blender

select nodes, ctrl+G and you see a group node instead of a mess ,

you copy the group and get an instance , click a small number and the instance turns unique .

It might be not providing all that extra functionality SD promise but for every day work it's so, so much more easy and convenient to deal with.

I also love how Shift+D in Blender makes a copy right in place of the node , not in a center of view in the mess of orther nodes. I like cttrl…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export non square Texture.

We need to export a non-tile & non-square file, like the filter forge.
    for example:
    24576x8192

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow for shortcuts to nodes with preset parameters

I love the new ability to create nodes with shortcuts. But it would be even more helpful if we could set up shortcuts for the same node with different parameters. The specific reason I want this for is the blend node, which I usually node which mode I'm gonna use when I create it. It would be great if I could set up different shortcuts for multiply, screen, overlay etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. left click to pan around the graph

I would like to request a feature to use left click to pan around substance designer graph. Similar as how it is in Unreal Engines node editor.

I am aware that Substance Designer has right click for the menu but that should not be a problem because Unreal Engine has solved similar issue with separating click + drag and click as a different actions.

For reference open up Unreal Engine material editor for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for next generation image formats

It is time to integrate some new formats that are getting more and more popular across many ranges of platforms and are also easier for handling and transporting HDR content.

I would like to see support for JPEG XL, AVIF and HEIF/HEIC

There should at least be some import features for AVIF & HEIF
    I personally root for JPEG XL which I think will finally become the new standard because its packed with a lot of advantages over everything else and does not need a lot more power to compute.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can we fix the Material system in substance Designer?

the material system seems a little broken in substance, especially when switching between nested reference graphs, as the material in the 3D view constantly wants to update to show whichever network im looking at, but I'm usually looking at sub-graphs that have blank textures, and the cached full substance shader gets lost and has to be reevaluated when I go back to the main graph. The material settings also get reset, meaning I have to go back to the scale of the displacement in the settings and set them back to the values they were set to.

Can we not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance 3D Designer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base