UI and usability
- drastically increase the number of shortcuts (eg wireframe and shadows toggle): virtually every single command should have a shortcut, also allowing every kind of combination of mouse/keyboard/gestures (as in Blender)
- numeric input should be aided by snapping to fixed increments and also to zero or otherwise default values (as in ZBrush)
- When I click in a numeric field with my stylus it should be cleared immediately so I could be able to type new values on the fly, without having to click&drag beforehand to select the present value in order to overwrite it. This issue does not happen when I click with my mouse so I do not understand if it is a problem with my graphic tablet (Huion Inspiroy H950P) or whatelse.
- insert support for simple parametric tools as bezier curves, rectangles and so on
- insert guides and snap options (relative to the mesh itself, similar to the red line used for simmetry plane visualization) to aid precise positioning
- I find the new UI more difficult to read. In the 1.7 version, for example, there were colored headers separating tabs in panels that accomodated lots of info (eg the properties panel, the baking window or the display settings window) and also there was a wiser use of fonts dimensions. Now is all too grey and too uniform
- please insert support for exporting textures to Blender Cycles and Evee
- I use only Painter and Source, so please give me the opportunity to tailor my subscription only for those, in my case leaving out Designer and Alchemist
Tibor Pulpito shared this idea
Please split into multiple feature requests (1 per idea), so people can choose what to upvote.