Substance 3D Sampler

Some guidelines before posting:
- This place is dedicated to feature requests and/new ideas suggestions. It is not made for bug reports (you can use the forum or the bug reporters for this).
- Before to create a new ticket, make sure your idea hadn’t been suggested before (if so it’s better to upvote it)
- 1 post = 1 idea

Thanks

1. Add Snapshots

Add a snapshot feature like the one in Photoshop, so it's possible to easily compare various looks/states.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stochastic Texture Tiling or random texture tiling (improved the tiling layers)

Options

Tile Rotation
    Tile Reflection
    Color variation to each tile (controlled)
    (the make it tile advanced options)
    (the tile options)

PRB textures are great but the size sometimes does not help specially for large surface objects, where the result is not acceptable because of the tailing pattern.

The tiling and Make advanced tiling should be one full layers that groups all tiling options, the software already uses a lot of different tiling parameters for other purposes, that im sure can be used and refine to achieve a better tiling process to generate bigger textures for large surfaces this will be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Apple Metal Compatibility

Such a fantastic application but even on a powerful iMac Pro, this app feels restricted as the sliders jerk and the fans go into overdrive, if it was metal compatible, it would be such a smooth experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Clone Patch - add scale and rotate handles

I like the new option to grab and move the Clone Patch source location, however if you could add handles in addition to this that enabled users to rotate and scale the patch area it would be very powerful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it part of the Creative Cloud Suite subscription plans

It would be a nice addition to the CC considering the already presence of Adobe Dimension in the full suite. As a CC user i would gladly pay a little bit more in addition to the present software pack just to have access to Substance and use it for my art projects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to affect characteristics of Base Material maps/channels within the Base Material

It would be immensely helpful to be able to to modify characteristics of maps within the Base Material. For instance, I'd like to be able to modify the intensity of the Normal as well as have the option to invert it. Same goes for the Height map. I'd also like the option to control the contrast and gamma of the Roughness map. It would also be helpful if there were a Bump map input. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Gradient Layer

It would be useful to have a gradient layer added to alchemist so I don't have to go over to photoshop in order to make a gradient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display SBSAR presets as a dropdown list in Create Mode - as in Designer and Painter

The only current way to access SBSAR presets is via searching the library in create mode. Could we have the presets display as a dropdown list a la Painter and Designer. I created a custom filter which relies on this preset workflow and searching and dragging is not as responsive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow materials to be directly used from Substance Painter shelf

I have a highly organized Substance Painter shelf (Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/shelf directory) and I'd like to be able to directly use Materials from that collection inside Substance Alchemist.

Currently, Alchemist uses a completely separate and isolated set of materials which makes it a bit of a pain to manually copy materials from Painter to Alchemist for use.

Not looking to automatically export to Painter, but being able to have the Painter shelf inside Alchemist would be a huge time saver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow materials to easily be moved between folders

Add a contextual menu that makes it easy to move a material from one folder to another.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

backlog  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. IMPROVE the eye icon to show/hide layers

As the dark mode interface not allow to understand the barred eye mean selected or unselected, please make the eye barred for deselected and no barred for visible layer.
    Otherwise let to change the color of interface from darkmode to lightmode to see the grey color show the selected feature.
    I apologize for my bad english.
    Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export MDL for NVIDIA Omniverse Create material

Currently, Substance Alchemist exports materials in .sbs, .sbsar, EXR, JPEG, PNG, TARGA, and TIFF.
    I have materials in Substance Alchemist that I made with the AI powered feature, and I would like to use them in Nvidia Omniverse Create. However, Omniverse Create uses materials in the MDL format.

Would it be possible to add an export function in Substance Alchemist to export in MDL format?

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. DPI Metric information on cropped maps for outputted textures

Hello, my name is Rob. I am working with Alchemist and I had an important question and request from a client. Is there anyway I can get the DPI metric of the maps that are created/outputted? I am cropping swatches/Fabric textiles and creating tileable textures but I'm trying to understand the percentage or scale cropped and I'd be using that to determine the real life scale.

Thank you,

Rob Castillo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More patterns

I would appreciate it, if you could add more patterns to brickwall, pavement and parquett. A greater variety of pattern would increase creativity a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an HSL Color Adjustment Layer/Filter

Add a layer or filter that allows for targeting of existing colors in a material, then provides the ability to adjust the hue, saturation, and/or lightness of the targeted color. Functionality like this already exists in both Adobe Lightroom's Develop module and in Adobe Camera Raw. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Expose $time variable in Alchemist

Allow access to animation parameters for those Substances created with a $time variable the way one can with Substance Player. In this way we can export animated materials using the better, more updated features of Alchemist.

Additionally, maybe even incorporate that feature from Designer allowing us to create animated materials directly within Alchemist?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Clipping of a Layer/Filter into Only the Layer Directly Below the Active Layer

It would be great if it was possible to clip a layer/filter into the layer directly below so that only the layer below is affected. This would be similar to using a Clipping Mask in Photoshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow seamless integration with Cinema 4D/Redshift

I'd love to see a feature where maps could be exported from Alchemist, a Redshift for C4D material would automatically be created, and the exported maps would automatically be plugged into the correct nodes/inputs in Redshift's Shader Graph. A feature like this would save me soooooo much time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Substance 3D Sampler

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base