Substance 3D Stager

1. Save custom render settings

It would be great if I could save a custom render preset that overrides the camera size default, CPU threads and number of samples instead of having to manually type all those options every time I want to make a render.

Thank you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This should be relatively easy to add custom render setting presets! However camera size is not currently attached to the render settings since you can do multiple resolutions at the same time with different cameras. We will evaluate!

2. Render every layer as a psd / png file or batch .ssg files

Hi, I have different bottles in one file, the only difference is their label.
    All lights, cameras, and other stuff are the same.

Now I have to press render for the bottle "Label A" then click on the eye symbol to deactivate the layer, then click on the eye for the bottle with "Label B", press render, and so on...

In PS you can select your layers and right-click "quick export as png", it saves every layer as a png file with the layer name.

Watching render ~50 bottles in 5 languages with a lot of clicks :(
    Did I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Turntable Rendering

It would be absolutely amazing if a turntable render feature could be added. Where you could select either 9 / 18 / 36 / 72 Frames and have the camera auto rotate around a center point of the object and render out each view.

This is very useful for interactive web development, for clients to view products in a viewport from various angles.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Issue with rendering on MAcPro 2019

On MacPro 2019 with big On Macos on several renderings where there is the base material glass the final rendering at any level of detail always gives an incomplete result as you can see in the screenshot. In the example there are several elements with matter so do I use too much or is it the renderer?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Vertex Color

Vertex color
    Vertex color is a RGBA value that can be applied to any vertex on a mesh. Traditionally, this is used to add diffuse or emissive color to geometry, but with the advent of more powerful game engines and more complex shaders, vertex color can be used to do amazing things!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Rendering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Substance 3D Stager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base